Rockstar Movie: Katiya karoon - Lyrics + Translation + Meaning



Song:Katiya Karoon
Singers:Harshdeep Kaur & Sapna Awasthi
Music: A.R Rahman
 Lyrics: Irshad Kamil





Katiya Karoon Meaning:
Katiya Karoon tera roon (कतिया करूं तेरा रूं) means I will spin your cotton. Basically katiya here means to spin cotton (सूत कातना), and roon here is rooi, that is cotton.

Hence, the meaning of the line Katiya karun tera roon main saari raat katiya karoon is I'll spin your cotton whole night, suggesting she'd do anything for him the whole night.


Katiya Karoon Translation:
Ting ling ling ling ting ling ling ling

Ting ling ling ling ting ling ling

Kateya karoon kateya karoon

Tera roon kateya karoon

Tera roon tera roon tera roon roon roon roon roooon

Saari raati kateya karun

Kateya karoon kateya karoon

Sari raati kateya karoon

[I spin your cotton all night]

Saara din sochhan vich langhda

[The entore day is spent in this thought]

Tere lai hun jiyun te marun

[I shall live & die for you]

Eh tan mera charkha hove

[Be a spinning wheel O' my body]

Hove ulfat yaar di chittaa roon

[And let the love of my beloved be pure cotton]

Nachdi phiroon tapdi phiroon

[Let me dance let me fly]

Keeli mai napdi phiroon

[Let me be in ecstacy]

Hadh karoon, hadh karoon

Hadh karoon roon roon roon rooooon

[Crossing all boundaries all barriers]

Yaara bulle luteya karoon

Mainu darr hun naiyo jag da

[Unfazed...fearless from the world]

Tere lai hun jiyun te maroon

[I shall live and die for you]

Mai saari raat kateya kateya karoon....


4 comments:

  1. Nice translation....Got the meaning....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have never got this meaning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection of latest songs. I also recommend you one website which is new Free Lyrics Store. Check this you like it. Huge collection Of HD videos.

    ReplyDelete